Facts about horses
The life expectancy of a domesticated horse is 10 years higher than that of a horse living in the wild.
- The eye of the horse is the biggest one of all mammals. Five cm.
- A horse can see and hear in a radius of about 2 km.
- Horses can hear our heart beat and can feel whether we are scared or not.
- Horses see us up to 10 times bigger.
- The equine body has 105 bones, one less than the human one. That said, the human skeleton is similar to the equine one.
- Horses might not speak, but have feelings and thoughts like us. They cry, they laugh, they kiss, they hug and they also get angry. Oh! I forgot about cravings!
- Speaking about cravings, carrots, apples and sweets are not the only treats that horses love. Personally I have tried figs, courgettes (I usually peel them), bananas and grapes!
- They might be a bit big, but actually the droppings of your horse are quite pure and are considered as the best organic fertilizer that you can find around.
- Horses sleep 2-3 hours per day.
How many exciting facts do you know about our equine friends? I would be happy to know them! 🙂